Version 2.0.20.1 is installed in AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.0.20.1 not in Program Files.
When unistalled the older versions the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian" disapeared.
Hi Todor, the location of SourceTree was changed a few versions ago. Now it's being installed in AppData.
If there's any specific reason why you wanted to have it installed in Program Files, you might be interested to follow the Feature request SRCTREEWIN-7168.
I hope this answers your question, Todor.
Regards!
Ana
The link you are pointing is 2 weeks old and the related version is 2.0.19.1. I just updated to 2.0.20.1 and see the change. But this doesn`t answer the question. Why Atlassian choosed AppData instead of "Program Files".
The link for "SRCTREEWIN-7082" shows a bad side effect. Is there a good one?
Hi Todor, that was the wrong link. I've updated my response to display the correct one
In response to your other question "Why Atlassian choosed AppData instead of "Program Files" ", the reason is because now users are required to register the product with their individual Atlassian account and they do not need Admin rights to install in AppData. This also means that in the future we can make use of background or partial updates. It's unusual but follows the pattern used by Click-Once, an installer process built by Microsoft.
Do you have any other question?
Regards,
Thanks Ana!
I will continue the conversation under "SRCTREEWIN-7168". I also believe that it is a strange decision as other people are giving same feedback.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.