Hi,
I reinstalled SourceTree following the recent security advisory email alert, but now it does not launch when I click the "Check out in SourceTree" button within BitBucket.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Baz
Hi everyone! This was identified as a bug and was reported at SRCTREEWIN-7209. Please watch that ticket so you're notified of future updates. In the meantime, you can try the workaround explained in one of the comments:
Let me know if this works for you
Cheers,
Ana
Hi Baz, do you have a local clone of the parent repository in SourceTree already? Keep in mind this is a requirement as explained at Check out a branch into a local repository. Does this happen with a specific branch, or with all of them?
Apart from that, can you confirm if SourceTree Launches when you try to open it manually?
If you're still having issues, let us know which version of MAc OS or Windows are you using so we can dig deeper into this.
Cheers!
Hi Ana,
Yes, SourceTree does launch, and I can use all of the functionality, such as cloning locally and everything else.
The only thing that doesn't work any more is its association with Chrome, when the "Check out in SourceTree" link is clicked within BitBucket
I'm running this on Windows 8.1
Thanks
Everyone on my team is having the same issue. I would love to have a fix for this too.
I'm using Windows 7
Sourcetree Version 2.0.20.1
Same issue for my whole team (different computers) these issue begun the past week (version 2.0.20.1)
Some developers I know aren't having this issue, they use a 2.1 version, but we don't know where they get it.
I am using Windows 10 and Chrome.
Excellent, thanks! That works for me!
UPDATE!
It only works if SourceTree is already open. With the 1.9 version, it would also launch the app too
Thanks for the update, Barry. I've added that information as an internal comment in the bug report.
i too have same issue but i can clone a whole repositiory but if i check out the same thing it does not pop-up the source tree
this issue happening after i installing new source tree version 2.0.20.1 on windows 7
This issue continues on version 2.1.2.5
I've been having trouble with this for months and months but the most recent version of Sourcetree ate least gives me options instead of failing to open.
When i click the link from the website, Sourcetree asks me to create a new clone of the repo. Since I already have one, I assume that there is some confusion between the repo url on the website vs the url of my local repo.
So I compared the two URLs and the only difference was a casing one.
The url on the popup form that comes up when I click from the website is:
https://Dylan72@bitbucket.org/...
Whereas the one in SourceTree settings for my repo is:
https://dylan72@bitbucket.org/...
So I changed the setting in Sourcetree, and presto everything immediately started working again.
This has been driving me crazy for close to a year. And it was a case issue.
Incredible!
You solved my problem!!!
Thank you!
Now Attlasian will know how to fix it, all they have to do is don't use that Upper case at the beginning of the email.
It works.I am using source tree Version 2.5.50
The URL on the popup form that comes up when I click on the website is:
Thanks to Dylan Tusler
I was using sourcetree version 3.0.0 when I tried to clone a repository from bitbucket it open sourctree app but didn't gave the windows to clone the repository it only open the first window. So I tried to downgrade to version 2.7.4 and now it works.
I can confirm the issue using Version 3.0 (200) on macOS.
Its not working for me on version 3.0.0. on macOS. Did you change anything else to get it to work?
@Val as I mentioned in my answer, I downgraded to version 2.7.4 and now it works. You basically need to uninstall the version 3.0 and install version 2.7.4
same problem on mac
OS: high sierra
sourcetree: 3.0.1
ps it was working on el cap with sourcetree version 2.7.6
Is finally fixed in the beta from 20th Dec 👏
https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/sourcetree-betas/downloads/
Issue is still here on 3.0.1 (205)
It is fixed in 3.1 beta...
You can get the Beta here:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.