We use SourceTree in our company on about 50 seats. Therefore I would like to distribute and update it with our internal software distribution system. That has worked well with 1.9 but does no longer work with 2.0.
Unfortunately, SourceTree 2.0 does no longer come with a conventional setup tool and - to make things worse - installs into the users Windows profile. That means that a) it is not available for "all" users but everyone needs to install it separately (this is a problem on Windows terminal servers) and b) is "bad" in the sense that companies usually forbid executing program files from within a users profile directory via group policies.
Does anyone have an idea/proposal how to solve those problems?
Apparently, SourceTree 2.0 is kind of a "portable" application. So I guess I can simply copy it around as I want and create some own simple setup script. Any problem to watch out for?