Is anyone else using the GTD methodogy by David Allen for task productivty improvemenent?
Do they have any tips they want to share?
I have setup a nice GTD Kanban board, GTD Issue scheme and workflow. Now to start using it.
Hey Ben,
do you still use JIRA for GTD?
I also thought about using JIRA for GTD, but I'm not sure if this will work well because there's no JIRA app for my mobile phone.
How do you quickly put your ideas into JIRA from your mobile phone? Can I send an email to JIRA and the text is automaticaly out into the Backlog or something else?
There should be a JIRA app for your phone. There is one for IOS and Android.
Also, you can access JIRA via the mobile site, and yes you can convert Inbound emails to JIRA tickets.
I am using some of the GTD principles yes. However i have had to customise it a litttle bit given that the board i created is a team board, instead of an individual board.
Hi @Ben Newport , can you share screenshots of how your kanban is set up? as well as jira scheme and workflow? I'm not new to GTD but rather new to jira. Thanks!
If you are still interested in this topicUsing GTD in JIRA is a great way to structure your work and increase your productivity! If you already have a Kanban board, task scheme and workflow set up, you can add some useful tools to improve the process:
Reminders and Automation: JIRA doesn't have built-in reminders, but you can add them using solutions like Custom Fields and Automation. This will help to keep your eye on important tasks.
Task Separation: Use Labels, Components or Epics to clearly separate Next Actions, Waiting For, Someday/Maybe and other GTD steps.
Filters and Dashboards: Set up filters to quickly access tasks based on context (e.g. “to-do today” or “waiting for a response”).
You can read more about optimizing GTD in JIRA, including reminders and other tricks, here: 👉 How to increase productivity in Jira with GTD and reminders.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.