In trello, create a list: how do I add color to the list background?
Some great news! List colors and collapsible lists are coming to Trello! Check out our recent post for more details - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Do-your-boards-have-you-feeling-the-blues-Prepare-to-spark-new/ba-p/2618194
It's not a native feature, but there are some 3rd party solutions that might help: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/card-colors-for-trello/nodlpencjjlohojddhflnahnfpfanbjm?hl=en
I use the Trello app on Windows, so I can't use Chrome extensions. Please can you enable custom list colours?
To use Chrome extensions you would need to be using the chrome browser.
@Torben_trello ,
Is there a public board for Trello backlog items like we have for Jira? Would be good to share with the OP how they can officially send in a feature request rather than posting here.
This might help:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/list-highlighter-for-trel/haljojofdmnhcjenglgbejijfppbhmnn?hl=en
This also, including a lot of other enhancements:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-cards-optimizer/ipbjjbpopodbnjbjnneakhcppdocpelg
I dunno lads. All these addons/plugins only work locally. They don't let you to set up colouring for all members of the board.
Trello seems like these limitaitons. Since its inspection adding a background to the board or changing colour and theme was something of very luxury desire. Can't believe after so many years, we still don't have simple colouring for lists.
Being able to color code a list would be an amazing feature! Can someone make this happen?
+1 for list colors and icon badges. ;-)
I found that there is a "Power-Up" (Trello plugins) named "List Limits" which you can set to zero, so if there is anything in that list it will be highlighted.In my case, I wanted to highlight "In Progress" column among all others without Chrome plugins and avoid any data sharing with other companies. And it works.
+1
This works superbly, thanks!!
I never would have thought of this. Thank you! And yeah, I agree. I do not mess around with thief chrome extensions. On top of a possible security risk, you're depending on something that is very likely to be discontinued.
I know right? I have been asking for this for years now. It seems so obvious.
Its 2023 now - and still no colors for the list. It doesn't seem that Trello team care about clients preferences.
Oh cmon, why this is still not done? Such a little but important feature. It should have been done without hesitation
If someone want a little workaround, putting some colored emojis in the list title helped a bit lol
My thoughts exactly. This is straight-up insane.
I came here looking for this feature too. It seems like it would be pretty simple. Please add. Thanks.
@LeoAtlassian @atlassiahn @atlassian-qe
Any Atlassian team member want to chime in on why we are being ignored?
Wow... Unbelievable! And I though of coming here, as a new user, to figure out how to do it... Little did I know they haven't even gotten there yet...
agree
Oh what a bummer they don't have this! This was the FIRST thing I tried to do as a brand new Trello user (but pretty seasoned Atlassian user at work so I know these Atlassian people can do anything!). I started a board for my wedding, and It just seems obvious you would want to make the lists different colors to categorize. I don't know if that's helpful to hear.
SERIOUSLY? This has got to be one of the most basic features. How is there no ability to change color of lists? Theyre all the same color and everything just blends together.
Okay, so while we're still waiting for Atlassian to NOT build out this simple useful feature (sigh)..
I did find an alternative solution that looks pretty clean. Essentially you find a coloured emoji 🟪 and you add it to the beginning of the title. All the emoji's can be found at emojipedia or anywhere online (lol).
If you want it too be bolder, you can add multiple square emoji's together 🟪🟪🟪
This is actually quite a neat idea. Thank you.
Ah come one lads, why are you worrying about this?! Come outside and play instead, like we at trello do! 🤓😀😂
Is this really the answer from Trello?
Wow, great!
Finally after only 7 years, we get colors! :-)
Wohoo! I think that means in another 7 years we might get a native gantt-chart
But seriously, I'm happy for the colours and collapsible lists, cheers!
Oh, still some developers working for Trello? Nice, I just started thinking about switching.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.