Hello I'm trying to login to my bitbucket server in SourceTree (during setup) but when I do I get the message. "Failed to list grouping for user" I have no idea what this message means or how to resolve it. Could someone please help me
Hi Brett! Which version of SourceTree are you using? Can you try with the latest one?
If after this the issue is still not solved, let us know which OS are you using so I can continue helping you.
Regards,
Ana
Hi
The version I'm using is 2.0.19.1 which is the current version.
The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Professional.
Kind regards,
Brett
Hi Brett, what you can do in this case is to skip that step in the welcome wizard and try and add your account via Tools > Options > Accounts instead. It will be easier to see what is going on from there. During this step SourceTree tries to query the Bitbucket REST API for all the repos, and looks like that call is failing for some reason.
Let us know how it goes from there and send us a screenshot if you get any other error.
Cheers!
This answer is not useful at all. As soon as you try to create a repo the same error appears again.
+ to the previous posts. Unable to install it
I had the same problem.
One point to make it clear: if you are getting the 'failed to list grouping for user', this means that you more likely have the right URL and have a valid log in credentials.
Which is good.
Here is how I fix this crap:
1. Went to my bitbucket server and checked one project URL. Mine was like :
https://MYUSER@my.companyurl.com/somecrap/someothercrap/aproject.git
2. I removed the "MYUSER' from the URL and passed it to the SourceTree URL field and hit Enter.
3. SourceTree gave me the 'failed to list' bs.
4. I removed the aproject.git for the URL and tried again (eg
https://my.companyurl.com/somecrap/someothercrap/
5. SourceTree gave the same bs error. So I removed the / and tried again (as
https://my.companyurl.com/somecrap/someothercrap
6. SourceTree again bs me with the same error. I removed the 'someothercrap' from it.
https://my.companyurl.com/somecrap/
7. SourceTree bs me again. I then removed the /
https://my.companyurl.com/somecrap
8. Success! I got in.
Crap man!
This actually worked but I had to go down to the https://my.companyurl.com level
Had the same issue with version 3.3.9 on Windows 10 and had tried all these solutions before I came here. What finally worked for me was uninstalling in Add/Remove Programs, deleting the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian folder, then installing 3.3.8 WITHOUT rebooting. Somehow Winders was putting the ...AppData\Local\Atlassian folder back on reboot.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.