In the previous version i had install there was a window view on the left that listed all my repositories. The new version i have does not have this, and i cannot find an option to bring it back up.
Is it gone??
Thanks
Hi Michael, it is easy to explain what happened: The repository overview on the left hand side was replaced with the tabs which are located on top. See release notes for details: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/#SourceTree2.0AnnouncementWIP-TabsandHeader
Yes, looks like.
Also see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Please-re-implement-the-repository-treeview/qaq-p/582435
Unfortunately the sidebar feature is gone. For whatever reason "improved user experience" means ripping out good and usable features. I happened for 1.8, and every version forward.
When opening a new tab (click the + button beside the last tab), it will show the list of repositories on the right and provides something similar to the old sidebar view, although in a more harder to use manner.
I like the new UI. As always, it's subject to personal habits and perception of usage convenience.
No it is not!
I used to had 50+ projects in my projects overview, now I am supposed to click 40 times on the left to go to the right project, and then baaaack... like a fcking moron.
@Patrick Permien - maybe it works if you have 3-4 projects, but when you have dozens of them, that used to be organized/groups in a hierarchical tree structure in previous SourceTree versions, then this new flat view (with gobs of useless white space between each item) makes the program very frustrating to use.
I think I'll go back to 1.8.3 that had everything I needed, including staging files with one click and economical mouse movements.
I think Atlassian should change the name of the program to SourceList.
please bring it back ( i had >10 projects and a project had >3 submodule.
Hey guys, please vote for this issues:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7176
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7163
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.