I pull from upstream and push to origin, but the default pull location is always origin and I need to remember to select upstream each time. Is there any way to change this in the config file or menu settings?
Hi Robert! To achieve that you'll need to add your preference to the repo's config file in SourceTree. To do so, open SourceTree, navigate to the repo and click Settings (cog icon on the top right corner) > Remotes > Edit Config File. Then, if you don't have it already, add a section for the branch you want to configure and add your remote there, it will look something like:
[branch "master"] remote = upstream merge = refs/heads/master
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to help
Cheers,
Ana
Does this change the default push settings to upstream?
If so, I've just exchanged one problem for another.
Hi Robert, I tested it and my push settings remained to origin. Is this not the case for you?
Nope. It didn't work for me. origin is still the default.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.