My Fisheye/Crucible and Bitbucket Server instances already have an application link set up. When repositories on the Bitbucket Server are added using the instructions for "Add a Git repository that is hosted in Bitbucket Server", everything works great. Specifically, Fisheye/Crucible shows the Bitbucket repository as "Added" in the "Bitbucket Server repositories" tab and pushes to the repository automatically trigger FishEye to run an incremental index.
My problem arises for Fisheye/Crucible repositories which were created using the "Add a repository" instrutions. As I would expect, it does not appear as "Added" in the "Bitbucket Server repositories" tab and does not get automatic incremental indexes. But it seems there is no way to correct this once the repository has been made.
How do I configure a repository originally created in Fisheye/Crucible the "normal" way to get the benefits of Fisheye/Crucible + Bitbucket Server integration? I was unable to find any configuration page on the front end of Fisheye/Crucible or Bitbucket Server which appear to be related to this functionality.
I'm aware of two workarounds:
- Create a hook on Bitbucket Server to notify Fisheye/Crucible to perform an incremental index. I do not like this approach because it requires re-inventing the wheel for something I should be able to get for free.
- Delete the repository on Fisheye/Crucible and re-create it using the instructions for a synchronized repository. I do not like this approach because it will lose all existing Crucible reviews. Some of these repositories have years of history.