We have Server versions of JIRA and Confluence and Cloud Bitbucket and Hipchat. Can we use Crowd for SSO to all applications?
Thanks
SSO relies on a common directory of users. Cloud systems have their own internal system which you can't connect up to other servers. So I'm afraid the answer is "no".
You might be able to code something that can take the Cloud authentication tokens and duplicates the process for logins for other systems, but I don't think it would be easy, and I've a nagging doubt that it would be very insecure, as well as add a "duplicate all users in two systems" overhead.
Thanks Nic, that is what I thought! Sorry about the dups...
That would be a limitation of the Crowd Product, not a general one. For instance, if Crowd implemented the SAML 2.0 Protocols for Identity Providers, any SAML 2.0-compliant Service Provider application would be able to use Crowd for single signon.
-greg
More details on Atlassian's decision not to implement SAML in Crowd:
General SAML Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.