I have configured jira to integrate with crowd. The test function on the user directory setup in jira is working fine. Jira can see all the users and groups. I am using slightly modified crowd groups aka ip_jira_administrators and ip_jira_users because I have to keep this environment separate from my production atlassian suite install (this is being installed in a lab to test integration with various plug-ins). I have assigned these custom groups to my roles in Jira. However, whenever a crowd user attempts to login, it fails and I get the error message You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators. The error log shows the entries:
2013-02-05 09:27:55,584 http-bio-8181-exec-1 anonymous 567x152x1 p77ocp 204.27.207.27,204.27.207.236 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'xxx' is NOT AUTHORIZED to perform to login for this request
2013-02-05 09:27:55,584 http-bio-8181-exec-1 anonymous 567x152x1 p77ocp 204.27.207.27,204.27.207.236 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : 'xxx' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
2013-02-05 09:27:55,600 http-bio-8181-exec-1 anonymous 567x152x1 p77ocp 204.27.207.27,204.27.207.236 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'xxx' is NOT AUTHORIZED to perform this request