When I run "mvn compiler:testCompile" at a command line for my project, I see errors:
C:\...>mvn compiler:testCompile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Personal Experience Portal
[INFO] task-segment: [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Compiling 673 source files to C:\...\test-classes
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Compilation failure
C:\....\VacationContainer.java:[540,15] cannot find symbol
symbol : variable LINK_LOCATOR
location: class page.helper....VacationContainer
However, when I do the same thing as a Maven task in a stage, I get no logging output ...
| 03-Feb-2012 09:49:38 |
Starting task 'Maven 2.x' |
| 03-Feb-2012 09:49:38 |
Beginning to execute external process for build Static Analysis ... running command line: /usr/local/apache-maven-2.2.1/bin/mvn -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/ compiler:testCompile ... in: /data/remote-agent-data/xml-data/build-dir/../main ... using extra environment variables: MAVEN2_HOME=/usr/local/apache-maven-2.2.1 JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_06 MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx2024m M2_HOME=/usr/local/apache-maven-2.2.1 PATH=/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_06/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/bamboo/bin:/usr/local/jdk1.6.0_06/bin:/usr/local/apache-maven-2.2.1/bin:/usr/local/zend/bin
|
| 03-Feb-2012 09:49:39 |
Failing task since return code was -1 while expected 0 |
| 03-Feb-2012 09:49:39 |
Finished task 'Maven 2.x' |
I also tried a <javac> from within an Ant task, and I get the same problem ... I only see "Failing task since return code was -1 while expected 0"