I'm porting across a PHP project from Jenkins to Bamboo, and feel as though there's something I must be missing with Bamboo.
I wanted to get rid of the linear set of commands that we had with Jenkins and separate things out into Stages. The very first Task is to checkout the source repos, which end up in xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/(foo|bar|baz). Now for every task in subsequent stages, e.g. running unit tests, I need to set the working directory to "${bamboo.build.working.directory}/../PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/foo". Is this the correct way of doing things?
Also, is there a standardized location for things like configuration files? We have a set of .yml and .xml files that contain sensitive info like the live database credentials, which we don't want to keep under source control. At the moment I'm just doing the following in a script, which seems suboptimal:
cp /path/to/live-parameters.yml ${bamboo.build.working.directory}/../PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/foo/app/config/parameters.yml
TL;DR I want to work on the same set of files in each Stage of my Plan, but it appears that I always need to refer to the relative path of the subdirectory where the files are first checked out. Is this correct?