Hi,
With the stock image with custom EBS / custom Image:
# Do either/both have the option to set the ec2 user data?# What is the Instance startup script (under managing elastic images in Bamboo), when and how is it used by bamboo/agent?
Cheers,Sam[Edit - 15/04/2013]I have googled / checked Atlassian documentation. I did not see the "Instance startup script" referenced anywhere on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Managing+your+elastic+image+configurations, even the screenshot on the same doc (https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/289277147/manage-elastic.png).
I only found the "Instance startup script" field in Bamboo 4.2 on the Edit image configurations page.
# Do either/both have the option to set the ec2 user data?
I don't understand that question. Bamboo Server always sets EC2 user data. Do you mean you'd like to set it to some specific value?
# What is the Instance startup script (under managing elastic images in Bamboo), when and how is it used by bamboo/agent?
It's run during instance startup as the root user. This happens before the agent is started.
Yes, can we set the ec2-user data ourselves as our AMI image takes cloud init script to set up a few things to establish itself in our VPC. I wanted to just confirm whether it was possible to see what options we have. Using the instance startup script should suffice but just wanted to avoid maintaining another version of the same function.
Thanks
It would be nice if the Bamboo documentation could be updated to reflect this info.
On my custom Windows ami, can I specify a PowerShell script as the instance startup script?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.