Hi there,
I'm fairly new to git and Source Tree in general, so apologies if I'm missing something blindingly obvious here!
In the past, I've easily been able to add a Bitbucket repository to my Source Tree mac app, but now I'm trying to add a remote repository on my own server that I've created without using Bitbucket.
My first question is if this is even possible?
If so, I must be getting the repository URL wrong, because whenever I try to add a repository in Source tree it's coming back saying 'This is not a valid source path / URL'.
The problem is, I'm not sure if it's an authentication issue or the fact that I'm just putting the wrong URL syntax in.
Again, I'm quite new to this so I can imagine I'm just getting the syntax wrong for the URL.
Here's the error I get when putting this URL in the Source Path/URL, myusername@myipaddress:public_html/origin.git :
/var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.bashrc: line 41: ps: command not found
Enter passphrase for /var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.ssh/id_rsa: fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Init
fatal: 'public_html/origin.git' does not appear to be a git repository
/var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.bashrc: line 41: ps: command not found
Enter passphrase for /var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.ssh/id_rsa: fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Init
fatal: 'public_html/origin.git' does not appear to be a git repository
/var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.bashrc: line 41: ps: command not found
Enter passphrase for /var/sites/m/mywebsite.com/.ssh/id_rsa: fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Init
fatal: 'public_html/origin.git' does not appear to be a git repository