Hi, I'm using SourceTree with a Bitbucket repository. I recently made a bunch of experimental changes to my working copy, most of which I never want to check in. I eventually decided that it would be easiest to just reset my working copy to my last commit and start fresh from there–deleting any files I had added and undoing any changes I'd made to files already in the repository. I looked at some questions on-line, and it sounded like I could do this with remove and discard commands. This didn't work like I expected. I ended up with an unpushed commit in Sourcetree that looks like it deletes the files I merely wanted to remove changes from, and indeed, these were missing in my working copy. (I did make a local backup first, just in case.) Eventually, I was able to do a Checkout command on my last pushed commit, and got my working copy back to what I wanted.
So at the moment, my working copy has what I want, and the on-line repository has what I want. But when I open SourceTree, it still shows the unpushed commit, and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Maybe I could push it and revert it somehow, but I'd prefer to just never push it to the on-line repository. I thought maybe I could use the command "Reset current branch to this commit", but it's not available when I right click on the last commit I pushed. The unpushed commit is marked as "master" and "1 ahead". The last pushed commit is marked as "HEAD" and "origin/master".
In case that description wasn't clear, I'll also include a screenshot of what I'm looking at. Thanks for any help!
SourceTreeScreenshot.png