I installed jira and confluence. I had only one account in each which used the same username but different password. All worked fine. I then installed crowd and the one user had the same username. So all three same username different passwords. I tried to connect up crowd to jira. I imported the account from jira and now crowd won't let me log in to crowd. I have even utilized the reset password functionality. When I log in it just brings me right back to the login screen without any complaints.
I'll tell you, installing jira and confluence went smoothly. Having to set up crowd after those two installs is a nightmare. It really should be easier to set up crowd with jira and confluence.
Anyway, any help getting back in to crowd so i can troubleshoot why my SSO isn't working, would be appeciated.
[updated] I rebooted and now I have all three running but I cannot log in to crowd or jira. Where can I find any error logs that might assist me?
[update] I am convinced that I am actually "logging in" properly, but that it is bringing me straight back to the login page. Because I get an invalid login error if I use the wrong username or password, but no error when I use the correct one. So what would cause me to go back to the login page after successfully logging in?
[update] A buddy suggested I try a different browser. Why not? It worked! so it looks like this might have to do with cookies, but even after deleting/resetting the problem browser (safari) I am getting the looping behavior. Chrome seems to work fine.