If I want to clone a repository from Stash using SourceTree I have to change the type every time from SSH to HTTPS. Why can't I set HTTPS to be the default and have SSH be the option on drop down?
There's been a slight confusion here with where the clone was initiated, Kieran thought it was via SourceTree's 'Hosted Projects' but in fact you're talking about the 'Clone in SourceTree' link in Stash.
In that case, this isn't a setting in SourceTree, because it just responds to whatever URL it is given. I'm not a Stash expert but I had a poke around in the Stash server I can get to, and I can't see an option to change the default preference. If you'd like to request this as a feature, please can you contact https://support.atlassian.com and raise a ticket under the 'Stash' project.
Hi Matt,
This is because in your hosting accounts you can specify either HTTPS or SSH. It sounds like you've got SSH selected as the "Preferred protocol" which means when you select an account from Stash it'll use that as default.
Here's the screen I mean
You can access it by going to the clone tab and hitting the 'globe' icon next to the "Source Path / URL" input then hitting "Edit Accounts" in the top right-hand corner and selecting the account you'd be using.
Hope that helps
Keiran, where exactly is this setting? "In your hosting accounts" doesn't make sense to me. Is this setting in the Stash interface somewhere or in Sourcetree?
I discuss how you can access it in my latter paragraph:
Going to the clone tab where? I don't see a clone tab in Stash or Sourcetree.
Will do, Steve, thanks.
I get a "Preferred Protocol" selection when selecting BitBucket or Github but not if I select Stash.
Hi Dominik,
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. This is mostly Stash's fault as we never exposed the SSH Clone URL from our REST, and so Sourcetree had no way of providing the option. Please watch/vote for the following.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2072
Cheers,
Charles
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.