I've been trying to get a bamboo project started that utilizes grunt, but have been unable to get a successful run. I've tried to strip it down to just the basics after failing with the full build and same results.
If there's a 'hello world' example I can start over with I can try that to see if it's our server configuration or something different that I need to investigate.
Bamboo Stage Steps
- Source Code Checkout from Bitbucket... which contains package.json in it's root
- NPM Task (node v7.7.4): install
Log Result: npm WARN grunt-git@1.0.3 requires a peer of grunt@~1.0.1 but none was installed.
Finished task 'NPM Install Package.json' with result: Success
- Grunt Task: grunt js
[33mWarning: Task "grunt" not found. Use --force to continue.[39m
I've tried a few different approaches... adding specific npm steps to install grunt-cli and grunt specifically before doing npm install. I've also reduced my package.json to only include the dependencies for grunt/cli and removed everything else... just to see if I can get it to install correctly.
Package JSON file (relevant portions)
"engines": {
"node": ">= 0.10.13"
},
"dependencies" : {
"grunt": "~0.4",
"grunt-cli": "~0.1"
}As far as I can tell I'm following everything outlined on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/getting-started-with-node-js-and-bamboo-687213472.html but continue to fail basic build. If there's anything else I can provide to help guide me, let me know.