Hello,
I have full access only on our Bamboo project. Admin stuffs are taken care by Bamboo admin team.
In our bamboo project, we have different build plans. Each plan has multiple jobs which need to run on different agents. We have two dedicated remote agents. One is linux agent and other one is Windows. To use Sonar system, we have to use a default local agent. When I asked admin team to dedicate a local agent to our project for Sonar execution, They said its possible, but not recommended. I have few questions on this.
Plan-1 (contains multiple stages)
Stage-1 --> Linux agent
Stage-2 --> Windows agent
Stage-3 --> Local agent
1. Is there a way to dedicate a local agent to one project that already has remote agents? Local agent is being shared by all teams.
2. Is is possible to dedicate a local agent for particular plan in one project? If that is possible, will I be able to use another remote agent in the same plan?
For example, if agent-1 is dedicated to one build plan for deployment purpose, I would still need to use agent-2 for running tests in the same plan.
3. I know we can control which stage should run on which agent by using agent capabilities. If we use multiple agents on different stages in the same plan, will there be any performance issue? Is it recommended?
4. Can we dedicate any agent to one project which was already shared with other project? In our case, it is local agent.
5. From my point of view, Running jobs on mutiple agents in the same plan is one of the best practises to achieve Continous Integration. Having said that, dedicating only one agent for a plan is not acceptable.
Also please share some best practises and articles on agent setup and how to use multiple agents in a project and plan. Thanks.