I am using MSTest Runner to run the unit tests. However, I need to pass /category parameter to it. The MSTest Runner Task in Bamboo does no seem to have this option, can someone assist me please?
Looks like we do not provide such functionality. Alternative options are:
I've also created an improvement request on your behalf: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15032. Please vote on this to increase its visibility.
Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it. I have not explored using the environment variables. However, I am using script task as an alternative for now. But the annoying thing with the script task is that, bamboo does not know, by default, the results of the tests (passed/failed). Do you happen to know a way around that? If I use an MStest Parser in conjunction with the test runner, will it do the said bit (where bamboo tells you upfront how many tests were passed/failed, etc). Have you used this combination, or do you have some suggestion regarding this? Many thanks. Awais
That's exactly what the MSTest parser task will do. It will analyze file produced by mstest.exe and feed Bamboo with data on passed/failed tests
but there is a small problem, if the tests are failing, the parser task does not get executed, or at least does not update the bamboo. Am I missing something? I dont see a point if the parser just shows 100% passed tests.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.