Hi,
I have been evaluating using Sourcetree for Windows with a Gitlab server. I have been able to clone, push, and pull correctly over HTTP. This was not possible until I correctly uploaded my public SSH key to the server and pointed Sourcetree and my HOME environment variable to the private key. However, I am still unable to connect via SSH.
Using the git bash, running "ssh -vvvT git@SERVER" prompts me for my SSH key password, then connects correctly (responds with a welcome message as well). This indicates that my SSH key is set up correctly.
When attempting to clone an existing test repository, using the path "git@SERVER/REPO_DIR.git" results in an invalid source path. Clicking details gives me the following:
"fatal: 'xxxxxx' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have correct access rights and the repository exists"
When attempting to clone the repository, using the path "ssh://git@SERVER/REPO_DIR.git" results in and invalid source path with the following details:
"Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
Access denied
FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message type 2 (protocol error):
'Too many authentication failures for git'
fatal: could not read from remote repository
Please make sure you have correct access rights and the repository exists"
Again, this works over HTTP flawlessly. My user account has been created and my SSH key is correctly stored. Why am I still having trouble with SSH? Are there other SSH commands I should run in the git bash to debug this issue?