Is there a way to easily change the location of the working copy after a repo is cloned?
You can just move the folder in Finder and SourceTree will detect that it's disappeared, then prompt you to specify its new location when you next open it.
Thanks. I did discover this eventually. Could it be a configurable option in repo settings? Just a thought.
Actually the plan is to make this just more seamless in the future, so that you can move the folder using any tool you like and SourceTree will continue to track it.
Thats awesome Steve. I'm excited to see where Atlassian takes this app!
Is there any way to update all the repositories in a sourcetree directory? I found a file name length problem when trying to clone libgdx, so I shortened the path for all my open source repos. Now I have a few dozen repos in SourceTree that point to the old path. With this method I have to manually open each repo in SourceTree in order to get the prompt, and then point the repo to the correct location.
For each repo. one at a time.
I have found myself in an "update loop" whenever I try to rename or relocate no matter what I do I just keep getting the popup to change the folder. When I select the changed folder it seems to not take and just keeps asking me to choose my new folder; Screenshot: http://cl.ly/3O1f2D1i1T3g
I'm seeing the same issue.
I faced this problem on Mac ( but not on Windows ). You need to make sure, you don't rename the folder in the 1st step after moving it into the new location. Once you have moved your source folder to new location, link it to the source tree. It will accept. After then, you can rename the folder if you want.
If you are moving the content instead of folder, then make sure, you also select the .git file ( hidden on mac ). For this reason, it's better you move the source folder instead of content. Because that will automatically be having the .git file within it.
Thank you for the insight! I wound up scrapping it and rebuilding it, but this is good to know next time it happens. Thanks!
If you are experiencing the loop bug where SourceTree repeatedly shows you a pop up prompting you to select the new location of a repository that you moved:
I was also experiencing this issue recently. no change to folder name, I simply moved all of my repositories into a subfolder called Scripts. It was frustrating, but the work-around is simple.
1.)Double click the broken bookmark to select the correct path. Make sure you select the correct folder for your repository. It will loop; simply press cancel. Now your bookmark has the proper path associated, even though it doesn't know it yet.
2.) In SourceTree, go to File -> Open... or simply press Ctrl + O.
3.) Select the repository folder and click Open
4.) Because the bookmark and the path you just opened are the same, SourceTree remembers how cool it is and everything is back to normal.
+1 Worked like a charm where the other methods failed.
Thank you!
2016-05-04 14_31_46-Repository Missing.png
I always get this prompt even if I've already selected the correct working repository in popup dialog when click "Change Folder"....
6 years late, but for anyone else wondering:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\bookmarks.xml
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.