I currently have a Red Hat 64-bit server that I want to use for Atlassian products. I have installed Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible, Stash, and Crowd all on the same server. I have also created services to run each of these apps which run as non-privileged users.
If I install just Crowd and create a service for it, the application works flawlessly even after a reboot. If I install all of the applications (including Crowd), each with their own services, Crowd breaks after a reboot. To be more specific, when the server boots, Crowd results in a 404 apache-tomcat error. If I disable all of the services except Crowd and reboot, http://myserver:8095/crowdsuccessfully shows the login screen. It never progresses past this point though. I try to login with the local administator account, and it simply sits there...spinning. After this, Crowd is never the same and only a complete remove/re-install fixes the issue. That is, until you enable all of the services and Crowd breaks again.
Is there a limitation on how many Atlassian applications/services you can have on a system? Should Crowd be installed on a separate server? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.