Where is the latest version of SourceTree for Windows?
I've bee here: http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download/
but that gives me version 1.6.14.0. I don't think that is really the latest, since it is missing new features, and because I see mention of 1.9.4.1 in the blogs.
When I go here: http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/
I see:
What's up with that? Are your download links up to date?
The version numbers for Windows do not match up with the version numbers for Mac. The version numbers you see in blogs are the Mac version (currently 2.x). The latest for Windows is 1.6.14.0
I see. Does that mean there are features missing from the Windows version? Is the Windows version way out of date?
For example, Windows SourceTree 1.6.14.0 does not have "View>Show Command Output" which has been on the Mac for about a year or so.
There are certainly some features that are in Mac but not Windows, but not as many as you'd expect based on the difference in version numbers. SourceTree for Windows 1.6 does not have the same feature set as SourceTree for Mac 1.6 did. The main difference is that SourceTree for Windows is newer, and most features lag behind by a few months.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.