Hi there, My team uses a GIT Repo hosted at visualstudio.com- is there any way I can connect to it using sourcetree for Mac OS X?
git config --global http.proxy http://proxyuser:proxypwd@proxy.server.com:8080 git config --global https.proxy http://proxyuser:proxypwd@proxy.server.com:8080
Yes, the same as you connect to most other repositories (unless Microsoft has munged things up and only supports some proprietary protocol to access it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-o25nS0uk#t=377
Well, of course I tried this basic stuff before I posted the question - here's what happens when you try to clone the repo...
That spinner just sits there...
until (after about 5 mins) you get this...
... (obviously this is a valid URL)
I can access the internet, I can clone repos from github & bitbucket. I can access this git url using the (awful) GitEye application. Any ideas?
You'd be surprised how many people don't realize you can type into that Source Path / URL box, but think Hosted Repositories are the only options.
I'll post an answer with some ideas about the invalid source path.
According to the details, you need to trust the host. Open the terminal, and SSH to the webservices.visualstudio.com. Before it asks you for credentials, it will ask if you want to trust the host key (say yes). After that you can cancel, you don't actually have to log in, or even be able to log in.
Unfortunately visualstudio.comdoesn't seem to accept ssh connections (my terminal ssh sessions just time out unless I'm doing something really stupid, which is very possible!) - is there a simpler way to trust the connection (via a browser perhaps?)
...Anybody?
Well, I'm glad I don't host anything at visualstudio.com.
See if you can adapt these instructions to your situation (warning, they are for HG, not Git, good luck).
Thanks for the details, mark yourself as the answer.
I would take the VM question to a Stack Exchange forum, since your barriers are probably going to be with networking, not SourceTree.
You need to use the personal access token authentication system since you can't do two factor authentication with a normal git login:
As stated above, you can get the clone URL from VS Online:
Ran in to the same problem myself. To overcome this:
1. Use CMD to clone (git clone [url])
2. Open Sourcetree and Add existing repository
After trying all other solutions this one worked for me. Thank you!
It is important to use this obtained token as a password when prompted (even several times). No need to include this token in url, but possibly may be used as written in Dominic's answer (as a password)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.