Dialog appears briefly then disappears, but FileMerge does not launch. Settings in SourceTree Diff section all look right. Is there a path setting I need to change.
I am having the same issue with the new SourceTree Version 2.2.2 (51) after updating (though I swear I thought I had used this feature after updating.
I have mine setup to use Kaleidoscope for diffs. nothing very telling is populating into the syslog at this point (that I can tell) when it happens.
Same problem here.
Hello,
This is a know bug as you can see here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3644. We recommend you to vote and watch in that issue.
Cheers, Renato
REnato,
Sorry, I want to down vote this answer, as the 3648 ticket titled "SourceTree ignores commit.template config in git " doesn't match our issue/problem.
How does that involves FileMerge?The ticket doesn't mention FileMerge etc. anywhere to explain the relevance/connections
Hi Hendrik,
I believe I've paste the wrong link. I just updated that.
Cheers,
See this StackOverFlow question for a workaround. However, SourceTree should definitely provide an error to the user telling them what to do and how to fix.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32729049/filemerge-quits-immediately-after-launching-from-sourcetree/41490804
It's 2019 and this is still an issue, need a better UX
Same issue in 4.0 (229). Selecting the external merge tool produces no errors or additional dialogs. It just creates/modifies the files and leaves you with an unfinished merge to clean up on your own.
Try deleting your user config file and restart SourceTree.
sudo rm ~/.gitconfig
I have always solved this problem by ensuring the license agreement is agreed to. However, that didn't seem to be the problem anymore. I tried the solution provided by Tom Kraina in the link provided above (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32729049/filemerge-quits-immediately-after-launching-from-sourcetree/41490804). This worked after I deleted my ~/.gitconfig file. But then selecting FileMerge as my merge tool in the preferences worked again.
Apologies for the late reply - it turned out that installing Xcode fixed it for me. Not sure specifically the reason behind this as I'm not aware of Xcode being a pre-requisite for Sourcetree, but since Xcode was mentioned in the title of this report I thought I'd give it a go... and it worked.
SourceTree doesn't require XCode, but FileMerge is an application bundled with XCode. So if you want to use FileMerge as your merge tool, then you have to get XCode (and agree to the license agreement).
follow this step's its fix mine
This fixed my problem.
Much thanks, this saved my day.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.