I can't count the number of times I've gone through this sequence in SourceTree:
- I attempt to pull from origin
- Pull fails, usually because of uncommitted local changes ("Completed with errors, see above")
- I hit enter to close this dialog
- I automatically hit enter to dismiss the underlying dialog, which is the "Pull" dialog, but...
- Default action is still "OK", so failed Pull starts again
Everyone I've asked here has the same experience, and finds it irritating.
I'm not sure what the best solution solution would be, but changing the default action to "cancel" when returning from a failed pull would be a good start I guess.
EDIT: actually, I think the better solution would be for the initial pull dialog to close when you hit "OK", so that only the progress/error dialog is shown, and needs to be dismissed.
EDIT #2: unfortunately, using the escape key for both dialogs is not an option because escape doesn't dismiss the progress/error dialog. @SethI can't add any more comments because I don't have enough points, but yes, at least on Mac, escape doesn't close that dialog (probably because there's no cancel button).
EDIT #3: can't post an answer due to insufficient points, but I've created a ticket here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2649
Or is there another solution that's already available?