Hi,
Is there a version of Sourcetree that allows sharing code among a developer group but doesn't require storing code in an external repository such as GitHub?
TIA,
Alex
Hey there,
SourceTree has no limitations like this, all it wants is a URL to the repository. Git is a distributed system - the repository can be stored anywhere. If you want repositories behind the firewall and have an interface to that you could consider using Stash or Gitolite.
In short the answer is yes - you could get something up and running for people to share code in a repository on your local network within mere minutes.
Cheers
Thank you very much Kieran. I have another question but will ask it on a separate thread.
Hi Kieran,
You mention that you can use sourcetree and gitolite but I cannot get this configuration to work. Source tree does not seem to recognise the gitolite server. I keep getting the error that indicates that it does not recognise my url as a path to a git server. If I bypass gitolite and I point straight to the repositories folder then it works. What could I be going wrong?
Try to connect to the gitolite server with the command line git client to see if you get a more specific error message. Off the top of my head, SourceTree may choke if you are using HTTPS with a self-signed certificate.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.