I'm considering evaluating Bamboo for my company.. but before I can begin I need to determine if this might be a non-starter:
* Use-case: we're currently using Jenkins... We have several local test instances, with multiple instances per client we support. We have a slave running on each instance... as part of our nightly builds we deploy our Java web app to each client instance.. these deploy jobs are ant targets that need to be run on the machine to which they're being deploy. This restriction means that we have many more agents than the actual number of concurrent jobs we require...
For our purposes a 5-agent bamboo license would be sufficient... but with this license would be able to continue using more than 5 remote agents... i.e. does Bamboo allow us (for example) to have 100 remotes agents with only 5 active at a time.. or does it only allow a maximum of 5 remote agents (whether or not they're running)?