Hi,
I'm using SVN and bamboo. All of our stuff in in trunk, and my problem is two-fold.
1) I need to check out a file in the repository (version.h) and increment it, then check it back in, before I can do a build. I'd really like this to be part of the build because I just might forget
2) I need to tag the SVN repository to an official release number (NOT the same as bamboo build number OR SVN revision#)once the build is finished. But I'm afraid other people might check-in things into trunk while the build is going on, so I will end up tagging a different revision than what was built.
So my plan to tackle these two problems so far is:
Have the pre-build command in Bamboo run a shell script. It checks out the code to a temp folder, increment the vesion.h, then tag it with the name "LATEST" (this name is not going to change). Then have Bamboo set up to always check out TAG\LATEST instead of trunk. Then, set up the post-build command to run another shell script so it copies the LATEST tag to a tag with the official release number as its name
But this solution seems rather inefficient. Can you please give me some pointers? I'm very new at this...
Thank you everyone!