Browsed the knowledge base, read documentation, tried to find such option in the application, but without success.I need to merge branches with no fast forward option. Please help me to avoid using console every time I have to merge them )
Preferences for git has an option
"Do not fast forward when merging, always create commit"
In the "Confirm merge" dialog, there is a checkbox: "Create a new commit even if fast-forward is possible". If you leave this unchecked, it uses --no-ff.
I think you mean, "if you check this". Unchecked = "FF if possible", Checked = "Never FF".
Thank you friends, but there is no such option on the 'Confirm' dialog in Mac OS X version (1.9.5).
There are only 'Commit...' and 'Include messages...' check boxes there.
Another possibility (if this is really missing form the Mac version) is to create a custom action to do this.
Oh! I've really missed it! This might help. Thank you.
Yes, you are right. Checked => -no-ff
This is what I'm looking for! It's so sad that I cannot give you an 'answer' point.
You can accept multiple answers.
Another me sees this option -) I asked from my personal account, but then continued with my company one. But the answer is still can be assigned only to a single coment.
They still don't seem to have this in mac version.
This script works as custom action:
#!/bin/bashbranch_name=$(egrep -lir $1 .git/refs/heads/feature/* |head -1|sed -e 's/.git\/refs\/heads\///')git merge $branch_name --no-ff --no-edit
If you have multiple branches at that commit, behavior is uncertain.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.