Is there a simplified command that I can use to open a directory/repo in SourceTree ?
I've been using this:
open -a SourceTree /path/to/repo
It's better than nothing. You could make a bash alias for it--put this in your ~/.bash_profile:
alias sourcetree='open -a SourceTree'
sourcetree /path/to/repo
[edit]please see the next answer regarding the command line - I'll leave this here anyway since it might be interesting to someone[/edit]
There are several ways:
Cheers
Steve
Oops, I only read the description, I see you meant the Command-line, sorry.
Please see this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-385
That issue captures my request exactly - I've added comments in the feature request.
I won't close this question until the feature's implemented though
I installed SourceTree 1.3.0 from the Mac OS App Store, but I can't find the "SourceTree->Install Command Line Tools" menu item mentioned in the release notes. (And BTW, the release notes claim that 1.3.1 is available in the App Store, which doesn't appear to be the case.)
Unfortunately the App Store rules don't allow installers so we couldn't include it. You can, however get a standalone installer here: http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTreeAppStoreCmdLineToolInstaller.pkg
The release notes are just relaying the fact that 1.3.1 in the App Store includes all the changes from 1.3.1.1. Unfortunately Apple haven't approved the update yet, but we've submitted it.
Thanks Steve. Worked a treat. Any chance of documenting this in the release notes for others' benefit?
Ah yes, it was in the release blog but not the notes, I'll add the link.
Just install the command line tools, then you can do
stree /path/to/repo
It'll open the repo in source tree and ask if you want to create a bookmark for it
this is simpler than that now, just install the command line tools and then run `stree /path/to/repo`
I'd like to directly open a commit (just like the "Jump to:" > "Commit..." menu). Is that possible somehow?
It is not working anymore, any idea? Sourcetree v3.0 on Mac. Ignores the argument of directory and opens SourceTree repository window.
We do not have admin access on our computers so we cannot install the command line tools.
and
yet it opens only the repository browser and not the actual repository in the sourcetree.Is there any Solution?I also tried running
/Applications/Sourcetree.app/Contents/Resources/stree /path/to/repo
and I got the same results.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.