I am very new to Git/SourceTree, so please bear me.
We have a VS 2008 version of "ABCApp" on GitHub. I used sourcetree to clone the project from GitHub to my local disk, as follows:
Clone/New -> Clone Repository Tab -> Choose source URL, Destination Path and Click Clone
This creates a "master" branch that holds the entire project.
Now, my task is to convert the "ABCApp" from VS 2008 to VS 2013. So, I started doing so. But, since the project is under source control, I had issues upgrading it. Hence, I deleted the repository entry on the source tree (assuming that it's no longer connected to GitHub..) and proceeded with the upgrade successfully.
Question: Using sourcetree, I want to re-clone the ABCApp (VS 2008 version) from GitHub and on the develop branch, I want the VS 2013 version of the project to be committed. How do I do this? Please help.
Also, the sourcetree is creating only "master" branch while cloning. Should a "develop" branch be created automatically as there already exists one for the project on GitHub repository? Please explain as I am totally confused.
Thanks!