I see that a files is marked as modified but it doesn't show the difference. Is there any way to configure the sourcetree that if timestamp of a file is different not show it as modified?
Regards, Fred
Rule out the simple answer.... Under the gear menu, is Ignore whitespace enabled?
Hi Bill,
Where is gear menu?
right hand side, above the differences window, next to the search box (on windows).
As Bill said, most likely a change in whitespace. However my experience is that even with "Ignore white space" enabled, SourceTree will still list the file as changed - it will just no longer highlight the actual lines that changed.
Yeah I found it but and set to ignore white space but still the same issue. I do a behind compare and I don't see any differences and maybe that's why when I click on the modified file nothing shows up in difference window but still is mark as modified??
With "ignore whitespace' disabled, does it show any (or potentially all) lines that are changed (even though both versions may appear the same)?
Ignore white space only prevents white space changes from appearing in the Diff panel. It won't actually remove it from the list of files. With only whitespace changes, and Ignore enabled, you get the result described in the orginal post. If you disable ignore, you should see the modified lines in the Diff panel.
What version of SourceTree are you using. I believe there were some bugs with whitespace handling in the initial release of the recent overhaul. Current V = 1.8.2.3.
Hi Bill, I am new to your tool ...
1) How to I set RCTREEWIN-4729 Ensure Diff shows all lines.
2) Version is 1.8.2.3
I have been discarding the modified files since nothing show up in difference window,,,Is this an good idea?
I think Bill meant to link this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4729
What sort of files are you diffing?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Source-tree-will-not-display-the-diff-for-only-one-file-in-my/qaq-p/177995
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.