Can someone point me to the best place to provide overall feedback to source tree application?
I don't want to start opening bug or improvement request one by one.
Thanks all. Seems no simple way to provide one post as feedback.
It is pretty much done via Jira.atlassian.com- stuff elsewhere won't necessarily be read by Atlassian. You could publish blogs and ask them to have a look, but eventually, even the best of ideas is going to end up in their Jira. You could be a bit cheeky and simply log the whole thing as one request, and let them break it down, or be a bit more nice and break it up into related chunks.However, I really wouldn't recommend that, as it's shifting work on to the product team, and when it's been done to me, the temptation to just go "meh, you can't be bothered to break it up, I can't be bothered to read it" is quite strong. If you've got specific things that you are certain discrete changes, take them out. If you've got an area of concern but aren't sure how to break it up in a way that makes sense as single actions, that's when it's ok (ish) to write a block, and by implication, ask the product manager to think it throughMy apologies to Atlassian - I should have said that it's not a good idea to brain-dump everything in one go into an issue tracker.
Please always break them into their necessary parts, it makes it very difficult for us to track issues, and we end up having to do the extra work to manage the issues. We mark an issue as fixed when the subject matter has been dealt with, which should be atomic. It basically causes issues to get lost somewhere to the detriment of the user reporting it.
Cheers!
I don't think there is a generic feedback area. Also, it is much more productive to find and vote for existing bug/feature requests on jira.atlassian.comthan to create your own.
For example, if you don't like the new file list on SourceTree 1.9.0 for Mac, vote for this bug.
I understand, but I do not wish to open individual problems encountered, there are too many.
I'll just end up not providing feedback due to lack of time
I completely understand that. But I suspect Atlassian would welcome any feedback, and appreciate a write up of maybe even just the one biggest problem you've run into (that you'd expect other people to hit)
Someone else used their time to post some bug reports with the latest version. If these line up with your complaints, vote them up. It'll only take a few seconds.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/289308/how-do-i-get-the-file-tree-back/289826
I can not log in to Atlassin's JIRA. Where do I post a bug about that?
You can't. You'll need to reset your password, or create a new account.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.