How do I change a repository logo/icon in SourceTree instead of the blue circle with the bucket?
You need to change it on the repository and it will show up on sourcetree
You put a file called "icon.png" with your desired content into the root directory of the repository and restart Sourcetree. No need to commit the file into the repository, it just needs to be there locally.
You just add 'icon.png' to root of your repo as @Thomas said and restart.
If it still does not want to show up clear the cache
on mac
rm -v ~/Library/Application\ Support/SourceTree/ImageCache/*
I didn't know you could have icons for repositories in SourceTree! This will be so helpful! Unfortunately I couldn't get the results I expected. Did I misunderstand the intention? I'm trying to have icons as shown in this mockup image:
SourceTree icons.png
I am using a MacOS and this way worked for me:
1- Put your image file in root folder of your project.2- Your icon needs to have this name icon.ico3- Close your SourceTree4- Use the command line
sudo rm -v ~/Library/Application\ Support/SourceTree/ImageCache/*
Command recommended by @Ettienne Louw thanks to you
5- Open your SourceTree and wait a little seconds your icon must to be appears in your project6- If the icon do not appear just refresh the avatar and wait a little
I hope this way works for you too
Cheers,
In version 2.3 and 2.4 (for Mac) putting the icon.png to root directory just does not work, it worked pretty well before. Cleaning the cache, refreshing avatar, restarting the app nothing seems to work.
Same problem.I'm using OS X 10.11.4 and Source Tree 2.4 (for Mac).
Any updates on this?
Same problem !!
I'm having the same problem with SourceTree 2.4 running on Macintosh 10.12.3. I finally just opened the Application with Show Package Contents and replaced the default icon to octocat (since I mostly use GitHub remote repos). The default icon can be found at Contents/Resources/defaultrepoicon.png Sorry, I know this doesn't help much if you want to individually change repo icons.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.