I've got a few infrequently updating projects in Bamboo. These are libraries, and I'd like them to build with the rest of our nightly builds, so they're included with the rest of our bits when push to pre-production enviroment overnight and run integration tests.
In Bamboo, I'd like those libraries to be built on these conditions:
"At 1:00am each morning, if there's been a checkin to the single Mercurial repository for the project."
That's fine, and it works--but it always builds, even if no code's been committed.
Why? These builds are done with the Maven release plugin to update version numbers, and the Maven release plugin always checks updated POM files back into Mercurial. This means that every day there's check-ins.
Thus Bamboo runs that job, because it sees these semi-bogus checkins from the Maven release plugin, and thus there's something new to build.
Is there a way I can tell Bamboo to either ignore a certain user's checkins (a 'builder' account does our builds) or ignore changes to certain files when determining if a build should be done?
I've considered adding a simple 'hg pull -u' at the end of my Bamboo job, but that feels a bit hacky, and was wondering if anyone else has suggestions.
Thanks.