I'm really confused about this source tree
first of all, it's not revolving around a file browser, like P4. the only way to see my project in a tree-like fashion is in File Status, and even that by default is not set to tree. but in file status.... I don't get to see a file's history, branching...I have to go to Log / History for that, but here I don't get the tree, I get the most recent commits.. how can I possibly find my files in an unstructured list of 1 million commits?
to add more frustration, double clicking a file only works in some cases, not always. I have to Ctrl Shit O with tree view.... which is an impossible shortcut for one of the most important functions in this app. can I change it? why can't I just double click like in any browser?
Before and After only work in some cases, no idea why and when..seems to work for jpg files : / not for txt.
and why can I overwrite files in Windows if they are not checked out.. why is source tree/git not setting all project files to be read only/untouchable by default?.. can I enable that?
and I also managed to lose some text after saving a new version and reverting. instead of version one I had an empty text file. no idea why, I presume it's because I don't know the software... but this is deeply unsettling.