I have a git repository which now it has 100MB code size. When I clone it, it goes until 61% well but after that it will be very slowly. It taskes 1-2 minutes to reach 100%. I want to profile FishEye while cloning.
How can I do that?
Based on monitoring resources and thrown exceptions(above comments), I think it is a bug in threads scheduling.
It may be fixed by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3461 as @Felipe Kraemer said.
Solution to resolve this bug is waiting for furute releases!
Hello Hossein,
Slowness while indexing Git repositories is a known issue which is being tracked here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3461
This major improvement will be released in FishEye 3.2.
In the meantime, there are some suggestions in the description of the above issue that you can consider trying.
I set initial scan thread and incremental scan thread to 1 and 10 respectively. It was a little better and server responses to ping request. Already when I clone, server did not response to ping request. But still it is slow and it stops in 61% for 2 minutes.
In thread dump, there is a message but I do not know what does it meaning:
qtp1002735346-447: TIMED_WAITING (Waiting on java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@453d052f )
I debuged it. In 61% time, fisheye gives exception:
fisheye GitServlet-processErrors - git-http-backend process caused exception com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessTimeoutException: process timed out at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.wrapUpProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:440) at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.finish(ExternalProcessImpl.java:306) at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.execute(ExternalProcessImpl.java:351) at com.atlassian.fisheye.repomgmt.servlet.GitServlet.service(GitServlet.java:136) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
I can send complete stack trace on request.
I've discussed this issue further with the Atlassian Development team, and they told me that unfortunately https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3461 won't be shipped with FishEye 3.2. It wasn't implemented on time. Please accept our apologies for that.
Our suggestion is to add https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3461 to your watch list in order to receive any updates on it.
I monitor CPU, memory and disk usage by nmon in Linux. it shows me these resources are not bottleneck. So slowness should have another reason!
What's your idea?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.