It must be possible to search through commits in sourcetree. I'm just trying to search in the commit messages, but searching for changed filenames would be cool to.
I can't find out how to do this...
To search through the commit messages, go to the "Search" tab (at the bottom of the page). This brings up the search view, with a search bar at top.
You can search on "Commit Messages", "File Changes" or "Authors".
Excellent! I must say I've never noticed those tabs...I guess I sort of knew they were there, but I never gave them any thought. To search, I normally try Ctrl+F or F3, and if that doesn't do anything, I start looking through the Edit menus, and then other menus if I still can't find it.
So I do like to make a friendly suggestion: Ctrl+F to activate the Search tab and focus the search field. And an entry in the Edit menu.
Add a feature request at jira.atlassian.com
Martin - I didn't notice them either! Like you, I checked the menu, and also various right-click context menus. It is already in the menu under "View".
I've created a feature request-
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1788
Go to the search menu located on the left side of Sourcetree panel. Then enter the search key and filter based on theĀ user , commit etc.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.