Last month my boss asked me to find out why we went over our monthly data cap for our network connection. I traced it back to SourceTree on my computer. When I leave it running (which used to be 24/7), hg.exe downloads over 300MB every hour.
I use the built in mercurial. I have 20 repositories connected (mostly Bitbucket).
Is this an expected behaviour? A bug? A configuration problem on my part?
Edit (sorry, for some reason the comment window won't open):
Automatic check is the default 10 minutes. The traffic graph seemed to show constant usage rather than spikes every 10 minutes though...
Is there a way to log the commands sent to hg.exe?
I've disabled the automatic check and it seems to have stopped the excessive usage. I still don't understand why it would download so much data just checking for repository changes (especially when my repositories almost never change).