I am receiving this error when I attempt to test the Fisheye connection, even though I unchecked the Crucible option during the initial setup.
I setup a mySQL database and user as seen below. The SQL database is running on a separate server from the Fisheye install.
CREATE DATABASE fish_db character set utf8;
CREATE USER 'fishdbuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON fish_db.* TO 'fishdbuser'@'192.168.200.14' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd' WITH GRANT OPTION;
On the Database Configuration page my settings are:
Type: MySQL
Driver Location: Bundled
URL: jdbc:mysql:192.168.200.14:3306/fish_db
User Name: fishdbuser
Password: passwd
Minimum Pool Connections: 5
Maxiumum Pool Connections: 20
Parameters: useUnicode=true
characterEncoding=UTF8
connectionCollation=UTF8_bin
I've logged into the SQL server and performed the following with success:
use fish_db;
show databases;
+--------------------------------------+
| Database |
+---------------------------------------
| information_schema |
| crowd_db |
| fish_db |
| jira_db |
| mysql |
+---------------------------------------+
As you can see, I have both jira and crowd databases working from this same instance. I don't understand why Crucible is even being considered when I unchecked the box for the Crucible setup.
I've dropped the database and user a few times and recreated, but that hasn't resolved the issue. I've flushed the privileges as well, but nothing seems to work.