Hi,
We are currently evaluating Crowd because we want SSO login between all Atlassian applications in our domain (we plan to buy Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, Stash and Crucible).
The install of Crowd 2.7.0 went fine on a Windows Server 2008 R2, following the guides in Confluence.
My setup is as follows :
- A Nginx edge server, IP 192.168.42.11
- The server with Crowd, IP 192.168.42.18
I want to connect to Crowd using this URL : https://sso.example.com/crowd
The idea is that Nginx will handle the SSL part and reverse proxy the request to Crowd. I followed this guide :https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/How+to+use+NGINX+to+proxy+requests+for+Crowd
I entered the URL https://sso.example.com/crowd as base URL during setup using the wizard.
I changed the Tomcat 7 server.xml to be as follows :
<Connector acceptCount="100"
connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
proxyName="sso.example.com"
proxyPort="443"
scheme="https"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
port="8095"
redirectPort="8443"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true"/>
</Engine>
<!-- To connect to an external web server (typically Apache) -->
<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
<Connector port="8009"
enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />
I am able to access Crowd, to login, and go to the Administration section just fine. My problem is that I can't activate the SSO feature as Crowd complains that "The supplied domain is invalid.". I entered ".example.com." in the SSO domain field. Moreover, it seems that Crowd doesn't detect that it is accessed by SSL as the Secure SSO Cookie checkbox is grayed out.
Here is my crowd.properties file :
#Thu Nov 21 22:06:34 CET 2013
session.lastvalidation=session.lastvalidation
application.password=6dxPjMH1
session.isauthenticated=session.isauthenticated
application.name=crowd
crowd.server.url=https\://sso.example.com/crowd/services/
session.validationinterval=0
session.tokenkey=session.tokenkey
application.login.url=https\://sso.example.com/crowd
and my Nginx configuration file :
server {
listen 443;
server_name sso.example.com;
location / {
proxy_pass http://192.168.42.18:8095/;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-for $remote_addr;
port_in_redirect off;
proxy_redirect https://sso.example.com/ /;
}
}
Can you please provide some help here, as the SSO feature is pretty much the most important reason why we want to buy Crowd.
Thanks,
Nicolas Grussenmeyer