I have set up Crowd with Confluence and JIRA but I am worried that if Crowd is unavailable then no one will be able to access Confluence or JIRA.
Confluence and JIRA internal user directories are still active but ordered below the Crowd directory, so Crowd authentication takes precedence. I have set up a separate admin user using the Confluence and JIRA internal directory but it is not possible to login with this account if the Crowd directory is set as primary authentication directory.
After running tests it seems that it is not possible to login if Crowd is not available, I had hoped that Confluence and JIRA would revert to the profiles from the last sync but it seems that they refuse all login attempts if they are unable to sync with Crowd at the designated sync interval.
1. Is it possible to set Confluence and JIRA to use the last sync'd profiles if Crowd is not available for any reason? This would ensure that existing users can still login if any problems occur with the Crowd instance.
2. What is the best approach for reverting to the internal user directory if Crowd is not available?
thanks