I can't reply to this old forum discussing this topic: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=45075
This is less of a question and more of a contribution to the community of how I did it.
My web server is Apache and I only wanted to provide access to three services (Bamboo, Fisheye, and Jira) all through the same secure port, using different web contexts
- myserver:443/bamboo
- myserver:443/jira
- myserver:443/fisheye
Jira and fisheye were relatively easy to set up because they use the tomcat container. Using mod proxy apache can communicate with these services over plain HTTP, and proxy port / proxy host settings take care of the rest.
Bamboo I had much trouble with. The old forum thread seemed overly complex. And one of the solutions wouldn't work for me because I do not expose Bamboo on a non-secure port.
In the end what solved it was to reconfigure Bamboo so that it loaded from the jetty.xml file. Then I reconfigured the server to publish on an SSL connector. Then I used Apache's SSL proxy to communicate with Bamboo over SSL behind the scenes as well. This works because then Bamboo is expecting to work with the https scheme and redirects or generated links don't keep switching back to http://.