Please help. I am brand new to git and Sourcetree, and can not seem to get past the starting gate. I have 2 company private git servers that I just setup. Each has its own ssh key in order to access the server. I have configured an ssh config file on my mac for the 2 servers. Using the git command line I had created a new repository containing 2 files on one of the servers. I can now use the git command line to clone that repository to a new folder on my mac, using the alias in the ssh config file.
Now to use Sourctree. I click on New Repository, and select clone from url. I put in the git path into the source url and select a destination. Sourcetree says my path is a valid git repository. I click Clone and a second later a directory named the same as my repository is created in the destination directory I specified. But the 2 files ARE NOT THERE!
What am I doing wrong??? Some very detailed step-by-step instructions would be helpful please.