One of our customers who uses NTLM Authenticator for Jira has encountered a strange problem with one of the newer releases.
Jira version: 5.2.4
The newer release triggers refresh of the user on successful login to make auto-join to default groups feature work. The approach is described here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24279
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/24227/invoke-embedded-crowd-login
Everything seems to work well for other customers, including the other customet who requested this particular enhancement.
For this particular customer however, on successful login when the user information in the delegated authentication directory gets refreshed from Active Directory the following happens: full name is set to the LDAP username, email is set to empty value.
I've requested and got a confirmation that mappings for Full Name and Username are correct in delegated directory setup i.e. Jira."User Display Name Attribute"=AD.displayName and Jira."User Name Attribute"=AD.sAMAccountName and Jira."User Email Attribute"=AD.mail.
Our plugin doesn't have any information about the user's full name or email and doesn't submit these to Jira and as such I see no way that we can be overwriting these.
I do not have direct access to the customer's environment. Can someone point me to what I can request/what logging categories to enable to debug this issue?