Our Bamboo instance appears to be going into a Paused state by itself. Anyone seen this before and have an idea as to why?
I caught it in the act via the Audit Log. Snippet reproduced below.
Note:
Thanks.
Automatic Backups perhaps? Bamboo -> Admin -> System -> Scheduled Backups
I'm thinking that Bamboo pauses itself when performing scheduled (or manual) Backup...
BTW, we're on version 4.2.0 build 3211.
Hi Piotr. Thanks for the suggestion. We checked that but ruled it out as it is scheduled for Saturdays (see below from our Admin settings).
Backup file name example bamboo_backup_2013_07_02.zipSchedule Each Saturday at 12:00 pmNext Scheduled Run 06 Jul 2013, 12:00:00 PM
I see... But you *do* use Scheduled backups feature, right? And you're running 4.2.0 version, which together brings me a memory of a bug in the scheduled backups... Here it is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12759 - perhaps you're affected too? I reckon that particular bug was introduced in version 4.4, but maybe something similar was introduced even before?
Hm... my hyphothesis:
You are sometimes pausing the Bamboo server ('RUNNING' -> 'PAUSING') while you have still running plans and you manually unpause the server ('PAUSING' -> 'RUNNING') before all the plans have finished (or stopped). Later, when your server have no running plans, the above bug kicks-in and stops your Bamboo server ('RUNNING' -> 'PAUSED').
How does it sound? Probable, improbable?Can you check your logs whether your Bamboo server finishes pausing (so its state is changed from 'PAUSING' to 'PAUSED') before anyone unpauses it?
regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.