Hello,
We currently have Stash and wanted to try Bamboo. I downloaded the .exe and installed it exactly like the documentation states https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+Bamboo+on+Windows?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fconfluence.atlassian.com%2Fdisplay%2FBAMBOO%2FInstalling%2BBamboo%2Bon%2BWindows&application=cac
We have the right version of Java, the JAVA_HOME set, and everything else. Now, when we go to the \bin\start-bamboo.bat file it starts to run Tomcat and has a conflict with our Stash install and states that PORT 7990 is already in use, even though the Bamboo server.xml file is set to 8580.
Thanks,SC
Hi Shannon,
It seems you have tried to start Stash while the same was still running.
I would kindly ask you to make sure Stash is not running by killing all Stash processes and then start Stash. The issue you are experiencing should no longer cause you any grief.
As per your question:
—
Kind regards,Rafael P. SperaficoAtlassian Support
Shannon
Both Bamboo and Stash run inside Tomcat application server. The message about the conflict on port 7990 applies not to Bamboo nor Stash but rather to Tomcat configuration.
Please check this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Changing+the+port+that+Stash+listens+on and modify Connector port in Stash or Bamboo, so they would not conflict.
Connector
Then of course you have to restart the application which configuration was modified.
Hi Krystian,
I indicated the port settings in my original post, but for clarity the port settings for each application are
Connector Port:
Bamboo - 8085, Stash -7990
Server Port:
Bamboo - 8007, Stash - 8006
The conflict is still occurring.
Hi Rafael,
We have stash running as a service and I stopped it, ran the Bamboo bin\start-bamoo.bat and the errors still occurred.
Thanks,Shannon
I must have overlooked that in your first post. In such case - are you sure that another instance of Bamboo is not running on the same host as a service?
Hi Krystan, Yes, I am the only one with access to the server and I never installed it as a service. I have tried all the suggestions listed above and am still having a conflict issue. Thanks, Shannon
There's a possibility that some other software/service you have installed on this service is using this port.
To check if port is really open you can use telnet:
telnet localhost 7990
You can always choose another port and use it in Stash's server.xml file
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.